Providing Proof of Onward Travel

Providing Proof of Onward Travel

When traveling internationally, most countries require you to have proof of onward travel. This means that you will have to have an outbound flight already booked. But what if you are traveling for a few months at a time and would like more freedom to stay somewhere that you like or leave if that place isn’t all you thought it would be? Would you be happy that you had to purchase a new ticket? Probably not. I’m going to tell you how you can have proof of onward flight without having an onward flight.


When I was going to America, I was unsure how long we were going to be to staying for. I was allowed to stay for a maximum 3 months. So I had a few options. I could book a return and be tied to those dates which would mean losing the flexibility that I wanted. I could book a flight out of the country and not take it which would be expensive and a waste of money. Or I could rent a ticket.

Rent a ticket? Yes you can now rent a ticket from a company called Fly Onward for a small fee of $9.99. They book the ticket for you and cancel it 24 to 48 hours later. While it’s active, you’ll be able to view a REAL flight reservation under your name, and show it to the airline check-in agent or immigration officer, “proving” your onward travel. Simple, fast, and cheap.

So I book booked a one way ticket to America and also a ticket from Fly Onward who purchased a ticket to Japan for me to provide proof of onward travel. Voila! I could enter the country with the freedom I wanted and at a fraction of the cost of buying a real ticket.


So there you go. Proof of onward travel for only $9.99. This is the easiest and cheapest way to enter any country on a one way ticket without having an onward flight. Except you do. You know what I mean.

P.s Please share so everyone can have affordable proof of onward travel.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *